Maintenance TechnicianFull Time Hal-Far, Malta
Reports to: HEAD OF OPERATIONS
The Beverage Container Refund Scheme in Malta is an important environmental initiative which reduces waste to landfill and improve rates of recycling and re-use, making producers and consumers jointly responsible for the recycling of beverage container waste, towards a higher national effort in recycling and litter reduction.
Reporting to the Head of Operations, the technician will have ownership of a preventive and predictive maintenance program of the Sorting Plant and other ancillary equipment, with the aim to achieve maximum efficiency from the plant. This includes coordination of any sub-contractor’s maintenance works on site. The technician is expected to work with minimal supervision and being flexible to production requirements and targets.
Objectives for the role:
- To ensure timely and correct start-up of the sorting and counting lines and all auxiliary equipment required to operate the Clearing Centre.
- Monitor the daily operation of the plant and to support operations through the maintenance of all plant and equipment.
- Undertake and coordinate with production to control the servicing, maintenance, and repair of any plant equipment.
- Perform schedule planned preventive maintenance program to minimize machine down time and keep the plant in optimum condition.
- Perform effective diagnosis of machine breakdown and timely repair of equipment to maximize availability
- To liaison with the Head of Operations to identify and order the required spares while keeping records of spares in stock
- Compile and update maintenance logs of all plant equipment to ensure that all required information is logged and recorded.
- Train other staff as required.
- Control and source maintenance tools and equipment and the state of cleanliness of the working area.
- Willing and able to work shift arrangements and overtime as required.
- Monitor any maintenance work carried out by sub-contractors and ensure that they abide with all the H&S protocols in place
- It is the employee’s responsibility to comply with the Company’s safety policies, ensuring that all personal protective equipment is in place and that good judgment and care are exercised to prevent accidents and personal injury.
- To stop plant operation in case of any hazard to personnel, risk of product and machine damage
- To suggest and implement initiatives that will improve the safety, energy conservation and efficiency of the plant
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Possess MCAST or HTD diploma in mechanical engineering or equivalent.
- Be certified and hold active License A and B in electrical installation.
- Able to analyse problems and find the best solutions
- Able to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently
- Be flexible and respond to production needs.
- Be an effective team player
- Be able to work to high standards in accordance with International Standards.
- Exhibit a positive attitude and initiative.
- Must be motivated and possess interpersonal skills.
- Have a respectable work history with minimal attendance and lateness issues.
- Be highly organized with the ability to work effectively across multiple projects.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- To always act and behave in a way compliant with all Company guidelines and policies, especially those relating to Environment Health and Safety, ethics and codes of conduct.
- The role will be expected to solve routine to complex problems involving machines and tools used throughout the facility. It may be required to use innovation in the way solutions are approached.
Person specification: We are seeking a highly motivated candidate to fulfil the role. Candidates should reflect our values and commitment to be self-disciplined to quality and are expected to be well organised and to be able to present themselves in a professional manner.
A personal interest in, and commitment to, environmental and sustainability issues is expected. The individual shall be expected to take on this role with professional self-initiative.
Interested candidates are kindly requested to send a Covering Letter, together with the CV on email@example.com