BCRS Malta Announces Adjusted Operating Hours for Selected RVMs
BCRS Malta, the licensed operator of the national Beverage Container Refund Scheme, is implementing changes in its operating hours to ensure a more efficient and effective service for the community, keeping the green ethos in mind as per the Mission Statement of the company.
Beginning on 1st December, 2023, BCRS Malta will adjust the operating hours of a number of its Public Hub sites in Malta, with the latter being open for public use between 6am and 10pm. BCRS Malta will keep on maintaining regular operations for Reverse Vending Machines (RVMs) in Gozo.
The decision to modify the operating hours reflects BCRS Malta’s commitment to optimizing its services while meeting its core mission, which is to facilitate the sustainable lifecycle of single-use beverage bottles and cans made of plastic, metal, and glass in alignment with Circular Economy principles as well as national and EU environmental commitments.
BCRS Malta acknowledges its responsibilities to all stakeholders, including the communities it serves. To this end, the company has diligently assessed data collected via its IoT technology over the past 12 months of operation. One key finding was the limited utilisation of Public Hub services during late-night and early morning hours. From both an operational and environmental standpoint, it became evident that maintaining the Public Hub Sites open during these hours did not align with the not-for-profit operator’s commitment to operational efficiency and sustainability.
Alan Meliak, CEO of BCRS Malta, stated, "Our foremost objective as a not-for-profit operator is to fulfill the mission of closing the lifecycle of single-use beverage bottles and cans, adhering to Circular Economy principles. However, we must also uphold our obligation to all stakeholders, including the communities we serve, by ensuring the most efficient business operations."
Below is a list of Public Hub sites that will remain open 24/7 for public use:
- Luxol Depot, Park & Ride
- Mellieha Depot, Next to Welbees Parking
- Hal Far Depot, BCRS Clearing Centre
- Marsa Depot, Marsa Industrial Park
- Bulebel Depot, Bulebel Industrial Park
- San Gwann Depot, San Gwann Industrial Park
- Ta' Qali Depot, Farmers’ Market, Ta' Qali
- St Paul's Bay, Dwaret il-Gzejjer
- St Paul's Bay, Mosta Road
- Xemxija, Pwales Street
- Mgarr, Ganfra Street
- Valletta, St Elmo Place
- Floriana, St Frances Ravelin
- Ta’ Xbiex, Ta’ Xbiex seafront
- Sliema, Qui-si-Sana
- Gzira, Sliema Road
- Naxxar, Kappella ta' Xaghra Street
- Hal Far, BCRS Clearing Centre
- Cospicua, Gublew tal-Fidda Street
- Marsaskala, St. Thomas Bay area
- Marsaskala, Zonqor Street
- Marsaxlokk, Trunciera Street
- Zabbar, Villabate Street
- Zurrieq, Il-Mithna tal-Qaret Street
- Xewkija Industrial Estate
For the latest information and updates, please visit www.bcrsmalta.mt.